Interview with Céline Guido of Montreux-Vevey Tourism
Stunningly located between the sparkling waters of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) and the terraced hillsides of the Lavaux Vineyards, Montreux-Vevey, in the Canton of Vaud, is a popular destination for many visitors to Switzerland.
In this episode, Céline Guido of Montreux-Vevey Tourism offers plenty of tips about the region that is commonly referred to as the Swiss Riviera.
Céline shares useful information about the top attractions, enjoyable day trips to take, local events, fun activities for children, and much more.
She also offers her tips on how to spend a perfect day in Montreux-Vevey.
Céline’s tips for where to eat in Montreux – Vevey:
- Montreux Jazz Cafe for jazz vibes all year round
- Alimentarium at Vevey for a delicious Sunday brunch
Did you know?
Montreux Riviera has attracted many famous residents over the years including Lord Byron, Charlie Chaplin and Freddie Mercury.
Byron’s name can be seen carved into a wall at Chillon Castle, the Montreux promenade features a statue of rock legend Freddie Mercury and Chaplin’s World by Grevin in Vevey honours the silent movie star.
For more interesting and useful facts about Montreux-Vevey, click the green button below to listen.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The location of Montreux – Vevey and why this area is nicknamed the Swiss Riviera
- Montreux and Vevey’s main attractions
- The Unesco World Heritage listed Lavaux Vineyards
- Activities for children in Montreux
- Montreux’s main events – the Jazz Festival and Christmas Market
- The GoldenPass Line
- Day trips from Montreux including Gruyères, Rochers-de-Naye and Glacier 3000
- Accommodation choices in Montreux
- How to spend a perfect day in Montreux – Vevey
- What makes Montreux a must-visit destination in Switzerland?
The Montreux-Vevey Tourism website is jam-packed with useful information and resources about the area.
The following articles will also assist you with your trip planning:
- Things to do in Montreux and Vevey
- GoldenPass Line | Fares, Info and Timetables
- Things to do in Gruyères
Subscribe and Review
Did you enjoy this episode and find it helpful? I would be super grateful if you left a rating or review on iTunes (or wherever you listen to podcasts). Just click here to write one now. Thank you!
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? > Click here and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.