Interview with Andreas Nef of Swiss Travel System
Switzerland is well-known for its excellent rail network but the public transport system covers more than just trains.
In this episode of the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast, Andreas Nef of Swiss Travel System provides an insight into the comprehensive network of trains, buses, trams, boats and cable cars that criss cross the country.
Andy shares details on the synchronised public transport system, the different ticket options available and what facilities to expect onboard the trains.
He also discusses the Swiss Travel Pass, Switzerland’s panoramic trains, and much more.
Did you know?
Switzerland is home to the world’s longest rail tunnel, the Gotthard Base Tunnel, which is 57 kilometres long?
Learn more fun facts and useful information about the Swiss Travel System by clicking the green button below.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Information about the Swiss Travel System?
- Why train is the ideal way to travel around Switzerland
- What facilities to expect onboard Swiss trains, including the difference between 1st and 2nd class
- The different ticket options available
- Discounted fares for children
- Why the Swiss Travel Pass is an excellent option for visitors to Switzerland
- The different types of Swiss Travel Pass
- Switzerland’s panoramic trains
- Fun facts about the Swiss Travel System
The Swiss Travel System website is packed with useful information about Switzerland’s public transport network.
You might also find the following articles helpful with your trip planning:
- Understanding and using the Swiss Rail System
- The Swiss Travel Pass – Switzerland’s All-in-One Travel Pass
- Glacier Express: Fares, Timetables and Info
- GoldenPass Line: Fares, Timetables and Info
Click here to find out more about my 120-page eBook “Switzerland Rail Passes – How to choose the right transport pass for your trip”.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a Trip to Switzerland?
Need help planning your dream trip to Switzerland? Join my FREE Facebook group, Switzerland Travel Planning, where you can ask questions and get more tips and inspiration for your trip.
You can also subscribe to my monthly newsletter for podcast updates, Swiss travel news and special deals. Click here to subscribe and I’ll send you 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland as a special thank you!