Interview with Andreas Nef of Swiss Travel System
Switzerland is well-known for its excellent rail network but the public transport system covers more than just trains.
In this episode of the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast, Andreas Nef of Swiss Travel System provides an insight into the comprehensive network of trains, buses, trams, boats and cable cars that criss cross the country.
Andy shares details on the synchronised public transport system, the different ticket options available and what facilities to expect onboard the trains.
He also discusses the Swiss Travel Pass, Switzerland’s panoramic trains, and much more.
Did you know?
Switzerland is home to the world’s longest rail tunnel, the Gotthard Base Tunnel, which is 57 kilometres long?
Learn more fun facts and useful information about the Swiss Travel System by clicking the green button below.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Information about the Swiss Travel System?
- Why train is the ideal way to travel around Switzerland
- What facilities to expect onboard Swiss trains, including the difference between 1st and 2nd class
- The different ticket options available
- Discounted fares for children
- Why the Swiss Travel Pass is an excellent option for visitors to Switzerland
- The different types of Swiss Travel Pass
- Switzerland’s panoramic trains
- Fun facts about the Swiss Travel System
The Swiss Travel System website is packed with useful information about Switzerland’s public transport network.
You might also find the following articles helpful with your trip planning:
- Understanding and using the Swiss Rail System
- 9 reasons to buy the Swiss Travel Pass
- Glacier Express: Fares, Timetables and Info
- GoldenPass Line: Fares, Timetables and Info
Share the Swiss travel love
Never miss an episode! Make sure you follow the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast to get notified each time a new episode is published.
If you enjoy the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast and find it helpful, please leave us a 5 star rating or review. This will enable us to reach and help more travellers who are planning their own trip to Switzerland. Thanks for your support.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.