Interview with Birgit Weingartner, Marketing Manager for Switzerland Tourism, Australia.
In Episode 2 of the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast, Carolyn chats with Birgit Weingartner, the Marketing Manager for Switzerland Tourism in Australia.
They discuss what first-time travellers to Switzerland can expect when they visit the country, the public transport system and Birgit shares her top 5 recommended experiences.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Switzerland’s natural beauty – is it really as beautiful as it looks on Instagram?
- Typical Swiss foods – including chocolate and cheese – and what to expect on restaurant menus
- The four official languages – in which part of the country they are all spoken and can travellers get by if they only speak English?
- Tipping – is it necessary in Switzerland?
- Public transport – how to get around using the Swiss public transport system
- Glacier Express – info on ‘the world’s slowest express train’
- Birgit’s top 5 experiences – Birgit shares the five things she recommends all visitors to Switzerland do – and there are a couple of surprises!
The following articles cover some of the topics discussed in this episode in more detail:
- Swiss Train Travel: Understanding and Using the Swiss Rail System – read it here
- Swiss Travel Pass: Switzerland’s All-in-One Travel Pass – read it here
- Glacier Express | Fares, Timetables and Info – read it here
- Planning a trip to Switzerland – read it here
- See all podcast episodes – click here
Planning a Trip to Switzerland?
We’d love to help you plan your dream trip to Switzerland. Join our FREE Facebook group, Switzerland Travel Planning, where you can ask questions and get more tips and inspiration for your trip.
You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter for podcast updates, Swiss travel news and special deals. Click here to subscribe and we’ll send you 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland as a special thank you!