Interview with Birgit Weingartner, Marketing Manager for Switzerland Tourism, Australia.
In Episode 2 of the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast, Carolyn chats with Birgit Weingartner, the Marketing Manager for Switzerland Tourism in Australia.
They discuss what first-time travellers to Switzerland can expect when they visit the country, the public transport system and Birgit shares her top 5 recommended experiences.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Switzerland’s natural beauty – is it really as beautiful as it looks on Instagram?
- Typical Swiss foods – including chocolate and cheese – and what to expect on restaurant menus
- The four official languages – in which part of the country they are all spoken and can travellers get by if they only speak English?
- Tipping – is it necessary in Switzerland?
- Public transport – how to get around using the Swiss public transport system
- Glacier Express – info on ‘the world’s slowest express train’
- Birgit’s top 5 experiences – Birgit shares the five things she recommends all visitors to Switzerland do – and there are a couple of surprises!
The following articles cover some of the topics discussed in this episode in more detail:
- Swiss Train Travel: Understanding and Using the Swiss Rail System – read it here
- Swiss Travel Pass: Switzerland’s All-in-One Travel Pass – read it here
- Glacier Express | Fares, Timetables and Info – read it here
- Planning a trip to Switzerland – read it here
- See all podcast episodes – click here
Share the Swiss travel love
Never miss an episode! Make sure you follow the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast to get notified each time a new episode is published.
If you enjoy the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast and find it helpful, please leave us a 5 star rating or review. This will enable us to reach and help more travellers who are planning their own trip to Switzerland. Thanks for your support.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.
🇨🇭 Check out our exclusive discount offers and save on your Swiss vacation. 🇨🇭