Interview with Jana Amacher of Jungfrau Region Tourism
In previous episodes of the podcast I’ve chatted with experts from Interlaken Tourism, Jungfrau Railways and the Schilthorn about the huge array of things to do in the Jungfrau Region. In Episode 8, we dive a little deeper and focus on the five main villages in the Jungfrau Region and their highlights and main attractions.
My guest, Jana Amacher of Jungfrau Region Tourism, provides plenty of useful tips for those planning to visit this stunning part of Switzerland.
Topics covered include summer and winter activities (including hiking and skiing), the unique characteristics of the five main villages – Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren, Lauterbrunnen and Meiringen – and Jana’s favourite ‘hidden gems’.
Some of the topics that Jana discusses are:
- Jungfrau Eiger Walk – 1-hour easy hike from Eigergletscher station to Kleine Scheidegg station
- Velogemel – a wooden snow bike unique to Grindelwald (watch a short video here)
- Big Pintenfritz – Europe’s longest sled run which starts at Faulhorn above Grindelwald
- Ascent and descent of cattle to/from the higher pastures – The ascent is called Alpabfahrt, the descent is called Alpabzug
- Her ‘hidden gems’ – Rosenlaui Glacier Gorge and Lobhorn Hut trail
You’ll find plenty of useful information about the area on the Jungfrau Region website.
The following articles will also be helpful when planning your visit:
- Interlaken and Jungfrau Region Travel Guide
- 60+ attractions and things to do in Interlaken and surrounds
- Best Ski Resorts in Switzerland
- Things to do in Meiringen
Subscribe and Review
If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast yet, make sure you subscribe right now on iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can also find it on Spotify here and Google Podcasts here.
Did you enjoy this episode and find it helpful? I would be super grateful if you left a rating or review on iTunes (or wherever you listen to podcasts). Just click here to write one now. Thank you!
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.