Interview with Jana Amacher of Jungfrau Region Tourism
In previous episodes of the podcast I’ve chatted with experts from Interlaken Tourism, Jungfrau Railways and the Schilthorn about the huge array of things to do in the Jungfrau Region. In Episode 8, we dive a little deeper and focus on the five main villages in the Jungfrau Region and their highlights and main attractions.
My guest, Jana Amacher of Jungfrau Region Tourism, provides plenty of useful tips for those planning to visit this stunning part of Switzerland.
Topics covered include summer and winter activities (including hiking and skiing), the unique characteristics of the five main villages – Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren, Lauterbrunnen and Meiringen – and Jana’s favourite ‘hidden gems’.
Some of the topics that Jana discusses are:
- Jungfrau Eiger Walk – 1-hour easy hike from Eigergletscher station to Kleine Scheidegg station
- Velogemel – a wooden snow bike unique to Grindelwald (watch a short video here)
- Big Pintenfritz – Europe’s longest sled run which starts at Faulhorn above Grindelwald
- Ascent and descent of cattle to/from the higher pastures – The ascent is called Alpabfahrt, the descent is called Alpabzug
- Her ‘hidden gems’ – Rosenlaui Glacier Gorge and Lobhorn Hut trail
You’ll find plenty of useful information about the area on the Jungfrau Region website.
The following articles will also be helpful when planning your visit:
- Interlaken and Jungfrau Region Travel Guide
- 60+ attractions and things to do in Interlaken and surrounds
- Best Ski Resorts in Switzerland
Subscribe And Review
As well as the episodes already published, there are lots more helpful episodes coming up and by subscribing, this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would really appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and then they can benefit from the useful tips and Swiss travel advice, too. Leaving a review is the best way to say thanks if you find my content useful. Just click here to write one now.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.