Interview with Janine Imesch of Zermatt Tourism
Most people are familiar with the triangular-shaped peak that towers over the village of Zermatt. The famous Matterhorn is featured on the packaging of the Toblerone chocolate bar and has become one of the world’s most recognisable mountains.
There’s more to the alpine village of Zermatt than just the Matterhorn, though. In this episode, Janine Imesch of Zermatt Tourism shares her local knowledge about the year-round destination and tells us why it is a must-see for anyone planning a trip to Switzerland.
Janine’s love for Zermatt really shines through as she talks passionately about all this pretty alpine village has to offer.
Did you know? Zermatt offers around 400 kilometres of hiking trails, 360 kilometres of ski slopes in winter and 21 kilometres of ski slopes in summer – and it offers a year-round snow guarantee!
You’ll learn many more interesting and useful facts about Zermatt in this episode. Click the green button below to listen.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The history of Zermatt and its introduction to tourism
- Janine’s lifelong association with Zermatt
- How to arrive in Zermatt – by car, by train and by Glacier Express
- The top village attractions and the unique animals you can see in Zermatt
- Excursions to the Matterhorn – Janine explains the difference between Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gornergrat and Rothorn
- Skiing and hiking
- Beautiful lakes to visit
- Family activities and ‘kids go free’ offers
- Accommodation options
- Switzerland Travel Planning Facebook group member questions answered
- What makes Zermatt a must-visit destination in Switzerland?
The Zermatt Tourism website is jam-packed with useful information and resources about the area.
The following articles will also assist you with your trip planning:
- Things to do in Zermatt
- Best mountain excursions from Zermatt
- Glacier Express | Fares, Timetable and Info
Subscribe And Review
As well as the episodes already published, there are lots more helpful episodes coming up and by subscribing, this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would really appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and then they can benefit from the useful tips and Swiss travel advice, too. Leaving a review is the best way to say thanks if you find my content useful. Just click here to write one now.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a Trip to Switzerland?
Need help planning your dream trip to Switzerland? Join my FREE Facebook group, Switzerland Travel Planning, where you can ask questions and get more tips and inspiration for your trip.
You can also subscribe to my monthly newsletter for podcast updates, Swiss travel news and special deals. Click here to subscribe and I’ll send you 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland as a special thank you!