Interview with Janine Imesch of Zermatt Tourism
Most people are familiar with the triangular-shaped peak that towers over the village of Zermatt. The famous Matterhorn is featured on the packaging of the Toblerone chocolate bar and has become one of the world’s most recognisable mountains.
There’s more to the alpine village of Zermatt than just the Matterhorn, though. In this episode, Janine Imesch of Zermatt Tourism shares her local knowledge about the year-round destination and tells us why it is a must-see for anyone planning a trip to Switzerland.
Janine’s love for Zermatt really shines through as she talks passionately about all this pretty alpine village has to offer.
Did you know? Zermatt offers around 400 kilometres of hiking trails, 360 kilometres of ski slopes in winter and 21 kilometres of ski slopes in summer – and it offers a year-round snow guarantee!
You’ll learn many more interesting and useful facts about Zermatt in this episode. Click the green button below to listen.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- The history of Zermatt and its introduction to tourism
- Janine’s lifelong association with Zermatt
- How to arrive in Zermatt – by car, by train and by Glacier Express
- The top village attractions and the unique animals you can see in Zermatt
- Excursions to the Matterhorn – Janine explains the difference between Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gornergrat and Rothorn
- Skiing and hiking
- Beautiful lakes to visit
- Family activities and ‘kids go free’ offers
- Accommodation options
- Switzerland Travel Planning Facebook group member questions answered
- What makes Zermatt a must-visit destination in Switzerland?
The Zermatt Tourism website is jam-packed with useful information and resources about the area.
The following articles will also assist you with your trip planning:
- Things to do in Zermatt
- Best mountain excursions from Zermatt
- 10 Stunning Chalets and Apartments in Zermatt
- Glacier Express | Fares, Timetable and Info
Share the Swiss travel love
Never miss an episode! Make sure you follow the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast to get notified each time a new episode is published.
If you enjoy the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast and find it helpful, please leave us a 5 star rating or review. This will enable us to reach and help more travellers who are planning their own trip to Switzerland. Thanks for your support.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.
🇨🇭 Check out our exclusive discount offers and save on your Swiss vacation. 🇨🇭