Interview with Andreas (Andy) Nef, Market Manager for Swiss Travel System
Experiencing at least one of Switzerland’s famous mountain excursions is top of the must-do list for most visitors. With so many spectacular excursions to choose from, it can be hard to know which is the best one to do.
In this episode, Andy Nef discusses ten of Switzerland’s most well-known mountain excursions and two lesser-known ones.
You’ll learn what to expect on your excursion, how much time to allow, what you can do when you reach the mountain summit, and more.
If you plan to include a Swiss mountain excursion in your itinerary, this episode will help you to choose the one the best suits your interests.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Popular mountain excursions from Lucerne
- Popular mountain excursions from Interlaken
- Popular mountain excursions from Zermatt
- Popular mountain excursions from Lugano
- Two lesser-known but worthwhile mountain excursions
- The discounts available on each excursion for holders of the Swiss Travel Pass
- How to determine which mountain excursion is right for you
Click the green arrow below to listen:
In this episode, Andy discusses:
>> Mt. Rigi, Mt. Stanserhorn, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus: Mountain excursions in the Lucerne region (4:58)
>> Jungfraujoch and Mt. Schilthorn: Mountain excursions in the Jungfrau Region (17:33)
>> Gornergrat and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise: Mountain excursions from Zermatt (24:20)
>> Monte San Salvatore and Mt. Generoso: Mountain excursions near Lugano (29:00)
>> Mt. Santis and Brienzer Rothorn: Two of Andy’s favourite mountain excursions (33:00)
>> Swiss Travel Pass: The ideal transport pass to purchase for the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland.
You can read a transcribed version of this episode > here.
You can check timetables for the mountain excursions mentioned above on the Swiss Railways website.
There are also a number of articles on Holidays to Switzerland that you might find helpful:
- The Swiss Travel Pass – Switzerland’s All-in-One Travel Pass
- Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi – Which makes the best day trip from Lucerne?
- How to buy the best Jungfraujoch tickets for your visit to the Top of Europe
- How to plan a Schilthorn excursion
- Brienz Rothorn Bahn | Planning your trip on the nostalgic steam railway
- Best mountain excursions from Zermatt
>> Buy your Swiss Rail Pass here
Subscribe and Review
If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast yet, make sure you subscribe right now on iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can also find it on Spotify here and Google Podcasts here.
Did you enjoy this episode and find it helpful? I would be super grateful if you left a rating or review on iTunes (or wherever you listen to podcasts). Just click here to write one now. Thank you!
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.