Interview with Andreas (Andy) Nef, Market Manager for Swiss Travel System
Experiencing at least one of Switzerland’s famous mountain excursions is top of the must-do list for most visitors. With so many spectacular excursions to choose from, it can be hard to know which is the best one to do.
In this episode, Andy Nef discusses ten of Switzerland’s most well-known mountain excursions and two lesser-known ones.
You’ll learn what to expect on your excursion, how much time to allow, what you can do when you reach the mountain summit, and more.
If you plan to include a Swiss mountain excursion in your itinerary, this episode will help you to choose the one the best suits your interests.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Popular mountain excursions from Lucerne
- Popular mountain excursions from Interlaken
- Popular mountain excursions from Zermatt
- Popular mountain excursions from Lugano
- Two lesser-known but worthwhile mountain excursions
- The discounts available on each excursion for holders of the Swiss Travel Pass
- How to determine which mountain excursion is right for you
Click the green arrow below to listen:
In this episode, Andy discusses:
>> Mt. Rigi, Mt. Stanserhorn, Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus: Mountain excursions in the Lucerne region (4:58)
>> Jungfraujoch and Mt. Schilthorn: Mountain excursions in the Jungfrau Region (17:33)
>> Gornergrat and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise: Mountain excursions from Zermatt (24:20)
>> Monte San Salvatore and Mt. Generoso: Mountain excursions near Lugano (29:00)
>> Mt. Santis and Brienzer Rothorn: Two of Andy’s favourite mountain excursions (33:00)
>> Swiss Travel Pass: The ideal transport pass to purchase for the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland.
You can check timetables for the mountain excursions mentioned above on the Swiss Railways website.
There are also a number of articles on Holidays to Switzerland that you might find helpful:
- The Swiss Travel Pass – Switzerland’s All-in-One Travel Pass
- Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi – Which makes the best day trip from Lucerne?
- How to buy the best Jungfraujoch tickets for your visit to the Top of Europe
- How to plan a Schilthorn excursion
- Brienz Rothorn Bahn | Planning your trip on the nostalgic steam railway
- Best mountain excursions from Zermatt
The “Switzerland Rail Passes – How to choose the right transport pass for your trip” eBook also contains a detailed chapter on the Swiss Travel Pass. > Click here to learn more
Subscribe And Review
As well as the episodes already published, there are lots more helpful episodes coming up and by subscribing, this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would really appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and then they can benefit from the useful tips and Swiss travel advice, too. Leaving a review is the best way to say thanks if you find my content useful. Just click here to write one now.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.
Planning a Trip to Switzerland?
Need help planning your dream trip to Switzerland? Join my FREE Facebook group, Switzerland Travel Planning, where you can ask questions and get more tips and inspiration for your trip.
You can also subscribe to my monthly newsletter for podcast updates, Swiss travel news and special deals. Click here to subscribe and I’ll send you 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland as a special thank you!