Interview with Kristin Reinhard of z-Nüni.com
Today’s guest is Kristin Reinhard, an Australian who spent her gap year in Switzerland and is still there today, some 20 years later!
In this episode, Kristin tells us how her journey to Switzerland began and why she stayed, she gives us an insight into life in Switzerland with a family and shares her favourite family-friendly places to visit.
As an outlet for her writing and photography, Kristin created the website Swiss Family Travel where she, and a group of English speaking writers, offered an insider’s guide to Switzerland. They have recently rebranded the website and we’ll learn more about the new version – z-Nuni – in this episode.
As someone who frequently daydreams about living in Switzerland, I loved hearing all Kristin’s nuggets about life in Switzerland and I’m sure you will, too.
Click the green button below to listen:
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Kristin’s background and how she came to be living in Switzerland
- Zug, the city she calls home
- Integrating into the community
- Language challenges
- How the Swiss Family Travel website came about
- The rebranded website – what does z’Nuni mean?
- Is Switzerland a family-friendly country?
- Kristin’s favourite places to take her kids
- Purchasing Kristin’s photographic prints
- Must-do experiences for visitors to Switzerland
- Kristin’s must-try Swiss meal
Places and meals mentioned in this episode:
>> Flims Water Trail – a themed water path at Flims
>> Brunni Tickle Trail – a sensory path at Harzlisee above Engelberg
>> Swiss Transport Museum – all forms of transport are on display at this museum at Lucerne
>> Mürren – a wonderful village in the Bernese Oberland to get a real appreciation for the alps
>> Würstkasesalat – a salad made with sausage, cheese and salad leaves
You might also find these articles from Holidays to Switzerland helpful:
- Best things to do in Lucerne (includes the Swiss Transport Museum)
- How to plan a Schilthorn excursion (includes information on visiting Mürren)
Subscribe And Review
As well as the episodes already published, there are lots more helpful episodes coming up and by subscribing, this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would really appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and then they can benefit from the useful tips and Swiss travel advice, too. Leaving a review is the best way to say thanks if you find my content useful. Just click here to write one now.
>> To see all podcast episodes, click here.