With so many beautiful cities, stunning mountain resorts and charming villages in Switzerland, it can be difficult to decide which places to include in your itinerary, so in this episode I thought I’d share with you my tips for planning your Switzerland trip itinerary.
[This post may contain compensated links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.]
As always, II’d like to say thank you to the team from Switzerland Tourism for sponsoring the podcast. Whether you plan to explore Switzerland by bus, car or train, you’ll find lots of helpful info on their website, myswitzerland.com so do go and take a look.
If you need the train ride of a lifetime, you need Switzerland.
Click the green button below to listen:
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- What tools and resources I use to plan my Swiss vacation itinerary
- How to decide which places to visit
- I’ll also share a couple of classic itineraries for first-time visitors to Switzerland
- And I’ll discuss three ways that you can go about booking your trip once you’ve finalised your Swiss travel itinerary
- Plus there are some exclusive bonus offers for the Holidays to Switzerland audience
Tools and resources mentioned in this episode
- Swiss Federal Railways website sbb.ch and SBB Mobile app
- Rome2Rio website
- Switzerland itinerary suggestions
- Grand Train Tour of Switzerland itinerary
Other helpful resources
- If you prefer a DIY trip where you research, plan and book everything yourself, be sure to read our Swiss Rail Passes guide.
- Independent travellers who like a reputable travel company to make all the reservations on their behalf should consider the rail packages available from Switzerland Travel Centre. An exclusive 5% discount is available to the Holidays to Switzerland audience – see the discount offer here.
- Travellers who prefer a more hands-off approach where all arrangements are made on their behalf and who like to travel with a tour guide have options, too. This small group tour of Switzerland is a great choice, and for an even more personalised itinerary, a private tour from Swiss Epic Tours can be tailor made just for you. Exclusive bonuses for Holidays to Switzerland readers/listeners apply to both the small group tour and private tours.
To see all our podcast episodes, > click here.
This episode is sponsored by Switzerland Tourism
Share the Swiss travel love
Never miss an episode! Make sure you follow the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast to get notified each time a new episode is published.
If you enjoy the Holidays to Switzerland Travel Podcast and find it helpful, please leave us a 5 star rating or review. This will enable us to reach and help more travellers who are planning their own trip to Switzerland. Thanks for your support.
Planning a trip to Switzerland?
At Holidays to Switzerland we are passionate about sharing our love of Switzerland and helping you to plan the perfect trip. Read our guide to planning a trip to Switzerland to kick start your travel plans and join our free Switzerland Travel Planning group on Facebook to chat with other past and future travellers.
Want monthly news and podcast updates, helpful travel tips and special deals sent straight to your inbox? Subscribe to Holidays to Switzerland and we’ll send you a bonus copy of our 10 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Switzerland guide.
🇨🇭 Check out our exclusive discount offers and save on your Swiss vacation. 🇨🇭